Saturday, May 19, 2007

Graduation

My cousin Hannah graduated last night from Pleasant Hope High. That is where I graduated from and where my sister will be graduating from next year. The thing about PH graduations is they are long. They are not long because the school is huge and you have hundreds in your class. No, they are long because the average class size is 40 and to keep it from being a 10 minute graduation they do everything. They hand out all the scholarships that night, plus do a long slide show among all the speeches and everything else that goes along with graduations.

Since there would be family there that we don't get to see that much we decided to take the kids. Even with knowing it would be long and it would be late. I have to say they did a great job. I took drinks and raisins for them and they did a wonderful job sitting in their seats sharing the drink and food. Jadon would eat a raisin and feed Haven a raisin. I have to say they were much more entertaining than the graduation.

Next year we will be back to watch my sister take the walk. I might cry then.

Picture is of Hannah the grad and my beautiful sister.

0 comments: