Saturday, May 19, 2007

Anti Midas

Today was a day that my husband would refer to as the anti-Midas touch day. Everything I came in contact with broke today. Starting with my wash machine, which also flooded my hallway and laundry room. Then riding in my mom's van to go do errands in town the engine light came on. I stopped at a floral place to pick up this beautiful rose and ivy arrangement for a wedding shower tomorrow and the cash register broke while trying to ring me up. Hmmm, Lord what do you want me to learn today? After all that I went to a friend's baby shower at the church and walked by an easel and of course it came crashing down and broke right in half.

My medication, go home get my family and go to the park! The day that started off not so great ended up beautifully. Thank you Jesus for my family and that when all else is falling around me I have great support to hold me up. I've got joy through all things through Christ!

Also, very exciting is that Jadon had his first experience with the ding ding man, as I fondly called him growing up. If you live in Springfield a man in a jeep would drive around ringing a bell and all children knew what that meant, ice cream! I never lived in town so it was extremely exciting for me to be at Grandma's when he came by. So, of course we could not pass up getting Jadon an ice cream and letting him experience the joys of the ding ding man.


0 comments: