Monday, August 25, 2008

My Little Accident Waiting to Happen

I now pass the torch to my darling daughter. Our torch passing ceremony is not quite as laborate as the closing ceremony of the Beijing Olympics and passing the torch to London. We still have passed our own torch.

When I was a little girl I was constantly falling, getting scrapes and bruises. My mom used to say my legs looked pitiful in skirts because of all the bruises. Well, I unfortunately have passed that graceful trait down to my own daughter.

Sorry, my sweet beautiful Haven. Your legs will be in constant shades of purple and red and blues. Your sweet little face will often be scraped or with bright purple bumps. Hopefully like your momma you will make it through childhood without broken bones.

When I went to pick the kids up from Mema's on Thursday I arrived to see a scraped, bruised and banged little face. She had fallen out the back door of the sunroom onto a concrete pad. And as you can see her face broke the fall.

With any traumatic experience she has enjoyed the special treatment she has received from family.




2 comments:

Erin Ward said...

Oh, poor little Haven!

Angela Heather Hammond said...

Oh, my heart just breaks for your little darling! Though I have to say that Zoe is pretty coordinated (thankfully) but she has bruises all up and down her legs. Think maybe it's just a kid thing. So normal. But it's hard to see.