Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Aunt Mal Is Home

Aunt Mal has returned from the mission trip to Uganda. I took Jadon and Haven to the airport on Sunday to surprise her. Todd and Jude stayed home because the plane was to come in late, I really debated on taking the other two, but seeing Aunt Mal definately out weighs sleep.


Jadon and Haven made a Welcome Home sign and they each picked out a flower to give her. Jadon was concerned that we wouldn't get there before Aunt Mal did, he kept asking if we were going to be there before her plane. We beat it and got to wait in the airport for her to come out.
It was so good to see her, I know she was exhausted. They have been traveling for about 27 hours after spending 3 weeks in Uganda.

I haven't had an opportunity to sit and talk with her yet. I'm excited to hear about the ministry they did and about the people in her pictures. While waiting for her luggage (which wasn't on the plane) I looked through the pictures on her camera.

Plus, she will probably need a couple of days to really process everything. I'm just so proud and excited for her.

The sign Jadon and Haven made.

The flowers they each picked out to give Aunt Mal.She's so tired, yet still so beautiful! Aunt Mal knew the perfect presents to bring for Jadon, Haven and even Jude.
On another note, my baby sis starts college on Thursday. I can't believe that she is a college student! How old am I again? Today is also one month away from her 19th birthday. My mom made a comment last week, this is the first year in 25 years she will not have a child in a public school.

1 comments:

Erin Ward said...

I'm so glad Mal is home! I can't wait to hang out with her and find out all about the trip. I'm glad you got to bring the kids to meet her at the airport. How sweet!