Thursday, February 4, 2010

Words From Haven

I have to say that I am truely a blessed mommy. The Lord has trusted me with raising two wonderful boys and a wonderful little girl. So far in my parenthood experiences I can honestly tell you that raising boys is so much less drama filled. With them what you see is what you get most days.

On the other hand our sweet little angel's moods can turn on a dime. Here's a few things Haven has told me this week.

YOU NEVER LET ME DO ANYTHING!!!!! (I smile because just she wait there will come a day I really won't let her do anything and I can even use the reason "because I said so.")

She sang to me in her cute little falsetto voice, My mommy has the sweetest smile.

After getting up from bed for the 2nd time to go to the bathroom I asked her why she was getting up so much needing to go pee-pee. (I knew it was just an excuse to get out of bed.) Her response as she shrugs her shoulders, "well, mom, people pee." There you have it folks in case you didn't know.

She wanted her hair in a pony tail, but didn't want me coming her hair. Here's our conversation:

Me: Haven do you want your hair down or in a pony tail
Haven: I want my hair in a pony tail.
Me: Okay lets go comb it.
Haven: I don't want you to comb it, it will hurt.
(Okay I remember how much it hurt when my mom used to comb my hair. I would often cry.
So, I really do try not to comb hard and try my very best to get those tangles out without
 pulling a handfull of hair out of her head. I really do try.)
Me: I will try really hard not to hurt you. Let's go get the comb.
Haven: Well then, if you want to hurt me then go ahead.
My thought: Of course I don't want to hurt her, but the hair is getting combed. Oh, boy are we in trouble.

She is so frustrating/funny, sweet/ornery at the same time. She is the perfect little girl to be put right between two brothers.

0 comments: