Thursday, February 11, 2010

I Need You Spring

I am so ready for warmer weather to be here. I really think the kids are ready. There is a lot of cabin fever going on around here and it has taken over my kids and turned them not so pleasant. That is the only explanation I have for their behavior of late. Well, except that they were born sinful and don't need any help in behaving badly.

I do think, however, that having some time outside with the warm sun shining down on their pretty little heads would help in fixing some of the weariness they have.

It seems that their sole purpose for waking up in the morning is find new and creative ways to annoy the crud out of each other. One wants to listen to music the other makes super loud noises making it impossible for the music to be heard, then it all comes out. The yelling to stop, if that doesn't work they resort to hitting or biting. Today Jadon actually head butted Haven because she was being too loud. This from a boy who is very protective of his sister.

Jude has even been getting in on it. Any chance he gets he takes something away from Haven and runs from her. She starts chasing and it never ends good. There has been plenty of talks, time-outs and spankings these past couple of weeks.

Today we were driving into town, I had a lot of errands to run, and Haven wanted to tell Jadon about something funny that happened. He seriously would not even look at her. She kept asking for him to look at her she wanted to tell him something. So, she hits him and screams at the top her lungs. I understand her frustration, but, oh my, there is a better way to handle that.

We're learning a lot about responding rightly, not responding by how you feel.

I really want to lock myself in my room and not come out. This too shall pass. I just really wish that it would hurry up and the kids that I know will return.

On another note. Here are a couple of pictures of the living room we painted for my mom's birthday. I think it turned out very lovely.


I had just finished typing this and Jadon comes in crying because he's had a bad dream. I hate it when one of them has bad dreams. It seems Jadon is having more and more of them. Tonight everything was very tall so I had to go in his room and pull everything down. Which means walk over to the window and pretend I'm pulling it down and then over to his closet and do the same and then pull his bed down. Then we prayed together.

1 comments:

thehirschgang said...

I'm with you on ready for spring...our kids are getting at it too. It's necessary for all of us. I keep asking God why HE isn't ready for spring too?! :)