Thursday, February 4, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom

Yesterday was my mom's birthday. I am so thankful for her; her thoughtfulness of others, how she loves me, Todd and our children. I pray this year is full of blessings and amazing God moments for her beyond anything she can imagine.

This year we all pitched in and bought paint and my brother spent the entire day painting her living room. We had a whole cast of helpers, from going in on the gift (we had to buy a bunch of paint) to those in charge of keeping her away from the house the entire day to my brother and cousin doing the labor. It turned out beautifully and when I get some pictures I will post them.

She called me around 10pm when she finally got home and was so surprised and happy. She reminded me of the story I used to hear her tell of when she was a little girl. She loved the color Indian Red. She would color everything with that one color. When she saw her walls the color reminded her of Indian Red. I am so happy that not only does the color look beautiful in her living room, but it brought back such a happy memory for her.

Happy Birthday Mom/Nana! We love you!

0 comments: