Thursday, February 25, 2010

Answered Prayers

Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. -Romans 8:26

This has been my verse for the day. What a perfect verse in a perfect time. Yesterday I was having one of those days where I felt as though all the things I had been praying about were not being heard. I even voiced it out loud in that throw myself a pity party type way. Whiny voice, "Why God, why?"

I feel as though what I've been praying for God had ordained Like the selling of our house, Todd and I prayed for this decision and got the yes answer. So, we put our house up for sale. It hasn't sold, but not even that, we've had 2 people come look at the house in almost 4 months. Lots of hits on the website, but nothing on the next step.

As well, Todd and I had found a home in Willard that we really liked and met more than our needs at an amazing price. We really had not planned on putting an offer on it until we had more interest in our house, but after finding out that it was short-sale and possibly take months before we found out anything we decided to go ahead and put an offer down contigent on our house selling. Our realtor came by my work yesterday to let me know that they had received a full asking price offer which meant that knocked us out immediately. Very disappointing.

The job situations. Wondering what happened when there was a job so perfect and an application is submitted with perfect references that it should be yours. Then not even an interview.

I almost feel embaressed telling this part of the story. I am giving God a why over not selling the house, not getting a house we wanted and not getting a job that we wanted. But that is what makes what happened today so amazing. God showed me today that He is in control and He showed me what He finds important. I have been so focused on my few prayers of I wants not being answered that I had forgotten about some of the others prayers I had been offering up to Him.

One of those prayers I have been praying is how to do more with the kids in showing them how to love and care for others. I'm still learning myself how to be a completely selfless person. But my prayer is so much for our kids to now have a heart for others. God showed me today that this is the prayer He most wants me praying right now. This is what He is wanting to teach me and my family about.

Our Thursdays are our grocery shopping days. The kids and I head in early hit the bread store and sometimes Mama Jeans then to Wal-Mart. Today as we were leaving the bread store I had just put all the kids in the van and was getting ready to leave when a woman walked up to my window. She asked if I knew where a certain church was and so I proceeded to tell her how to get there.

She interupted my directions to ask if I could drive her there. She had been walking for about 2 hours trying to get to the church. The church was still about 15 minutes away in driving time. I agreed and she hopped in the van and proceeded to share with me her story. I listened and she talked the whole way to the church.

When I dropped her off I asked if I could pray with her to which she was very grateful. Then from the cash I had to go grocery shopping with I gave her some and waited in the van long enough to make sure she got in and waved me on.

As soon as I left the parking lot I started crying because it was then that I realized that God was so graciously teaching me what is precious to Him. His people. I had such an incredible time with this lady and was able to love on her and provide for her. He does answer my prayers, He gave me and the kids this lady to minister to today.

All I can say is, "Thank you, thank you Jesus for answering my prayers." Thank you for bringing one of your precious people for us to minister to. I serve an awesome and almighty God.

0 comments: