Thursday, February 4, 2010

A Jude Story

This is probably more a story of what Todd and I did to Jude. It's confession time.

I will start by setting the scene and defending our actions a little bit. Thursday nights are very hectic in our household. That is Todd's school night, in which he leaves for school around 5pm and returns around 10:30pm, I have started teaching a Body & Soul class at the church on Thursday nights (I love it, it's a strength and toning class) and so the kids spend the evening at my mom's for a couple of hours.

After I get done with class I go over to mom's, we visit as the kids pick up the toys and then we head home. By the time we get home it is after 8pm and the kids are usually in bed around then. So, we get the house picked up, put out clothes for the next day, put on p.j's and brush teeth. This is usually all done by 9pm and the kids are put in bed. I finally get to sit in quiet for the first time all day and wait for Todd to get home.

Well, one particular Thursday not that long ago we did our usual busy run around get home do our bed stuff and we are almost in bed when I hear Jadon yelling for me from the bathroom. He was yelling for me and yelling at Jude to stop. As I walked in the bathroom there is Jadon using the potty and Jude standing beside him, holding toothbrush.....under the stream of pee. Oh gross, what is he thinking.

I quickly grab the toothbrush and threw it in the sink. I was afraid if I threw it in the trash he would dig it out. I had all intentions of going back and getting the toothbrush and disposing of it properly.

Okay, well I admit I didn't go back and the next morning we are brushing teeth when I hear Haven yelling, "Ewww, gross no Jude." I went running into the bathroom and saw Jude with his toothbrush putting it in the toilet.

Oh yes, the toilet. Oh wait, the toilet. Oh NO, the toilet.

My senses started coming back to me and I asked Todd where Jude got the toothbrush. Todd responded by saying that he got Jude's toothbrush out of the sink and had brushed his teeth. Oh my, yes brushed his teeth with the very toothbrush I had taken away the night before because he was contaminating it in the toilet.

It did get thrown away right then, but a little too late. I apologize right now Jude for letting daddy brush your teeth with a nasty, dirty toothbrush.

One more Jude story. Last weekend we were all watching cartoons together, Todd was a men's study at church, and Jude came over with Jadon's Bible in his hands. He handed me the Bible and asked me to read it to him. Very cool, this is not a picture Bible. He sat on my lap and for the next 20 minutes as we read through Psalms. It was a very sweet moment as he listened to God's Word.

0 comments: