Thursday, February 25, 2010

Shekinah Retreat

Last weekend Todd and I got a much needed retreat away with just each other. Thanks to my sister and mom who tag teamed taking care of our kids. Mal stayed at the house with the kids so they could sleep in their own beds, then mom came and got them so they could hang out with her on Saturday.

Todd had booked this cute little Bed and Breakfast in Arcola, MO not too far from Stockton Lake. Which this time of year the lake was not a draw, but the fact that it was away from everything and in quiet was what made it appealing.

I actually came across this B&B through a mailing I received at the church. We like the atmosphere they have and this one reminded us of the one we stayed in on our honeymoon. They both were huge houses turned B&B and they both had themed rooms. We chose the Garden Room to stay in. I know it might sound way corny, but the room was so pretty and relaxing.

The owners were an amazing couple and it was so nice to get to know them. They were so warm and welcoming, but also very professional. We never saw them unless we wanted to or they were bringing our food. We learned that every one of their children is involved with the B&B in some capicity. One of thier daughters fixed the romantic dinner we had on Friday night, breakfast and lunch on Saturday. She will be leaving in a couple of months to go to culinary school. Her goal is to return once done with school to be the chef. She has an amazing talent. It has been a long time since I have savored every bite I am taking. Everything was homemade and seasoned with home grown herbs. Truely divine cooking.

We were provided our room, a library to sit and have a beautiful view to outside, a game room to watch movies or play games with each other, and amazing food. Todd and I truely got to relax and spend time talking without interuption.

I took my camera and here are a few pictures of our wonderful weekend.

0 comments: