Thursday, January 7, 2010

Journaling

For Christmas one of the things that came in Jadon's stocking was a journal. I was very excited about that for him. I am horrible about journaling, I wish I wasn't, but non the less I am. I have a hard time keeping up with this blog and basically all I write about is the kids. I don't know what the problem is, it's not from lack of things to write or discuss. Todd is farely good at it and I really want the kids to develope the habit.

So, this goes back to me being very excited for Jadon and his new journal. I sat down with him and told him what it was for and that he could use it to write anything he wanted in it. The only thing I told him had to do was write in it daily. Everything else is up to him, how, when and what he writes.

He started on Christmas day and has done so every day since. I am enjoying reading what he writes and how it writes it. I do not help with spelling, he sounds everything out. And he is always so eager for me to read what he has written. I will enjoy this now because that will not be the case in a few years. He dates every day and then puts it away for the next day.

He doesn't mind if I share with you, I did ask him, a couple of his writings. I find them very sweet.

IM THEKEING OF TRANS - translation: I'm thinking of trains (he has a train obsession)
YOOU KAN LAYS LUV ON ME - translation: you can always love on me (this is my favorite)

I am getting an incredible opportunity to see into the mind of my son and he amazes me. With each writing it opens up even more conversation between us about all kinds of things, especially as I'm trying to figure out what he's written on some of those days. I am so proud of him and love him dearly.

2 comments:

Donna said...

So precious. Love this post and him.

Angela Heather Hammond said...

Wow, his writing is impressive! Zoe can write words only if I spell them out for her. He may have his mamma's musical talent abilities but he also has her mind. Very, very smart!