Thursday, April 1, 2010

Week in Review

I don't have one thing in particular to write about this week, I can think of several little things. So, I thought I would just recap our week. The little joys in the lives of the Wallace family.

* Signed Haven up for ballet. She has been wanting to learn ballet for months now and we finally got her  signed up. She is beyond excited.

* Scheduled Jadon's Kindergarten screening. I can not believe he will be in Kindergarten next year. He too is beyond excited.

* Jude has now graduated to his big boy bed, the bottom bunk. We no longer have a need for a crib, which has been a long time since that need has not been there.

* The weather has been absolutely beautiful this week thus allowing us family walks every night. The kids are always full of interesting conversations during these walks.

* Jadon and I sat and stuffed about 200 eggs with candy for our big Easter Egg Hunt at the church on Saturday. I loved watching him work so diligently and we had amazing conversation about God. His heart for others continues to amaze me every day.

* Jude's little legs are an absolute mess, after only 1 day of wearing shorts. His knees all the way down to his ankles are bruised and scraped.

* I found my old Breyer collection of horses I had when I was a little girl and brought them home to Haven to play with. Oh what sweet memories it brings back and I enjoy so much watching my little girl play with them.

* Todd brought home a bouquet of tulips for me and a bouquet of calla lilies for Haven. She walked around carrying them for the longest time. When we finally put them in a vase she had to have them put right in front of her chair at the kitchen table so she could look at them while she ate.

I love being a mom and wife and weeks like this, where nothing big is happening just being with each other, is the very reason why. These are the weeks that I find out the most of what is going on in each of my children's minds and hearts. Yes, these weeks are my favorite.

Jude sleeping in his big boy bed and his pile of books beside the bed. That is so much like his daddy.

0 comments: