Thursday, April 15, 2010

Not a Great Week for the Boys

The poor Wallace boys. This has not been the best of weeks for them. It started off with Jadon having a dentist appointment on Monday. He's been complaining of a toothache off and on for a couple of weeks. This was the first chance I could get him in.

He was not happy to be going, but go we did. We got the verdict that he did indeed have a cavity and not just one, but three. This was hard for me, we brush teeth every day, we do not eat a lot of sugar in our house, we don't even keep juice or soda in our home. So, I felt bad. To make it worse the dentist strongly suggested pulling one of his molars. He said the x-ray showed it being abssessed.

Jadon not happy at all about the suggestion was finally okay with it when he got to pick out a container to carry his tooth home in to hide under his pillow. In return he would get money. The tooth was numbed and he lost his tooth. I was very proud of him and he was very brave. Hopefully we never have to do that again. The other two cavities can be cleaned and filled. Thank goodness.

To top off his week Jadon woke up yesterday morning with his front, top tooth loose. Not counting the one pulled by the dentist this will make his third lost tooth. He's going to have all his adult teeth by the time he starts kindergarten.

I have never been one to suffer greatly with allergies, neither is Todd. It never even crossed my mind that our kids would be dealing with allergy issues now. Poor Jude has them and has them bad. I keep hearing on the news how bad the pollen count is right now. Well, pollen I ask that you just pack up and blow away somewhere else and leave my poor son alone.

I noticed an increase in rubbing the eyes and being kind of grumpy. Then on Monday evening when I got home from the dentist with Jadon I saw the most pitiful looking little boy. He looked like he had been in a horrible fight and he lost.

His eyes were so red and swollen. He kept rubbing his head and went around saying in a weak whimper, "eye hurt, head hurt."

Another feeling of helplessness. I don't want my boys to hurt. We are working on getting him taken care of, but in the mean time the boy has been sentenced to being indoors. He spends 5 minutes outside and his eyes are swollen shut. He doesn't understand either, which makes it so much worse. He would live outside if I would let him. Pray for us and especially him.


This was after the swelling had gone down a little.

2 comments:

belinda said...

What a traumatic week at your house!

Angela Heather Hammond said...

Poor little guy! Another friend of mine has a son who looks just like this through the month of April. If I know you, you are on the case of researching what can best help him out...

And Jadon already lost his first tooth? Zoe is yanking on her teeth to get them to come out but nothing is budging yet. She is so ready to be "bigger..."