Thursday, April 22, 2010

Smoothie King

My family has become addicted to Smoothie King. The kids love it and the best part is it is very healthy. But the down side to enjoying a good smoothie is the place is expensive. So, when we went grocery shopping this week I bought the stuff to make our own smoothies.

It is so fun, the kids love it. I researched and found some great recipes. I would however like to find, and have not been able to, smoothie recipes with vegetables added. If you have a recipe or know where I might find some, please let me know.

The smoothie has also been a great way to add some much needed protein to Jude's diet. He is not a meat eater, which is fine with me and I do not force him to eat meat. But he still needs a way to get some more protein in his diet. Plus I put little extras in for added nutrition.

Our first night making them the kids were very proudly sporting their smoothie mustaches.

Jude is also doing much better with the allergies. We put him on bee pollen and elderberry juice and they have helped tremendously.

0 comments: