Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Big 4-0

A big milestone was reached in our home on Monday. My wonderful, extremely handsome, loving, God fearing husband turned 40. No big deal to him, honestly I may have had more thought of him turning 40 than he has.

Be it vain, here is my fear. I really don't want to be aged with him. I will say my husband does not look his age, he has very good genes. His mom and dad both have aged very well. My parents have both aged very well too.

For this big birthday I wanted to do something really special. He insisted on not having a big party and preferred a quiet dinner with just the two of us. So, I called our very best, favorite friends, Gary and Lynette, who we have not seen in way too long and asked if there was a day they had available to meet us for dinner. We were able to have a date that worked and so they showed up surprising Todd.

It was a great time with great friends and they even tried sushi for the first time that night with us. Todd chose the restuarant, Umi's. We had many laughs and, as always, was reminded why we are such close friends. Our hearts, desires, and ideas are so similar, they refresh us.

It meant a lot to Todd to have them celebrate with us and I couldn't imagine celebrating him any other way. Over a wonderful meal with wonderful friends.

Us enjoying our yummy sushi.



































He really was having a good time.












0 comments: