Tuesday, January 6, 2009

What's Been Going On

Here's the 411 on the Wallace family.

Jude:

As can be said since the day he was born; he is happy and easy going. He's been enjoying short walks on his new dump truck walker he got for Christmas. He enjoys giving all open mouth kisses, especially to Mommy and Pappy. He has been quite excited about his new cousin Cael joining him. He likes to show his love for him by trying to poke eyeballs (they are very fascinating things what can he say).

He has also become quite the chatterbox. I'm convinced he has said "thank you" on several occasions. And he says "dada"; Todd really wanted that put in here. But he has become quite the momma's boy and I will enjoy that for as long as possible.

Haven:

She has become the little mommy around here, loving her babies and stuffed animals. She is always the comforter when someone is hurt or upset. On another note she's also turned into quite the drama queen. Some days it is just so hard not to laugh. Her new thing is to turn her back, cross her arms and exclaim, "I'm Mad!". Then stomps off as loud as she can, lifting her knees to her chin just to get that extra oompf, to her bedroom and closes the door. She will soon emerge to sweetly say, "I sorry I got mad."

She is definitely independent and that's what causes the most discourse between her and Jadon. He will often want to play and she's fine with playing with or without someone. With a little persuasion she gives in and they play wonderfully. I love watching them interact together and all the while pray that as they grow older they grow closer together.

Jadon:

He blows my mind. He's smart, funny and will be starting school before I know it. Jadon is very much a self motivator. He has always been the one asking to learn his shapes, his letters, now he's been working on addition and subtraction and reading. I so admire that about him, he takes after his daddy in that aspect. Most exciting of all his learning is his desire to memorize scripture. He is in Cubbies and they have been working on learning the gospels. His teachers are amazed at the fact they can say the reference and he can quote the verse to them. He has even reminded his teachers on a few occasions verses they forgot.

We have learned that Jadon's love language is quality time and words of affirmation. The first is very crucial in his behavior. We know when Jadon is feeling like he's not had his quality time with us. There are screaming break downs and many time outs. Todd and I are now having to figure out how to meet these needs of Jadon while our schedules have/are changing. Prayers regarding this would be greatly coveted.

Todd:

Is going back to school. Yes, he has enrolled in Evangel University's accelerated program and will hopefully graduate in about 20 months with a degree in Business Administration. I am very proud of him for taking on this venture. With the program he's doing his classes are 5 weeks long, which makes for one long class a week and lots of homework the rest of days.
So, this is a huge change in our family schedule and is one reason to the above mention with Jadon. I do ask for prayers for Todd as he juggles time with God, family, work and school. I also ask for specific prayer regarding how we speak Jadon's love language during the transitions in our family.

Heather:

I'm getting used to Todd going back to school and the routine changes. I will also prayerfully be going to China this summer to love on orphans at the Philip Hayden Foundation. Springhill sent a team last year and I have been praying since that trip whether God would allow me to go if they went back. Through much prayer and a husband that is wonderful and encouraging I will prayerfully go to China. I keep saying prayerfully because I still need to raise the funds and get things in order (like get a passport, I can't believe I need a passport.)

I am extremely excited and a bit nervous. Excited about the opportunity to minister to orphans and serve God, but nervous to leave my family for 10 days. I could definitely use your prayers and I know Todd could use prayers while I'm gone.

0 comments: