Sunday, January 18, 2009

Let Me Brag

My husband is awesome! Most of you know that he has gone back to school at Evangel University. His first class was January 11 and on his first day he had a paper due. He received an email a week before his class giving him first assignment of reading a ten chapter book and writing a 4 page paper on it. He had been told that if he failed he would be sent to the Write Place on campus. He was also informed that most students are sent there for failing their first paper. So, he was quite nervous about this paper. First, it has been almost 20 years since the last time he was in college and so much has changed in grammar etiquette. Second he was writing a paper having never met or talked to the teacher that would be grading it. How do you know what the teachers expectations are?
Well, he got his grade today and after a long speech about proper writing and letting the students have the opportunity to go to the Write Place and rework their papers for a higher grade Todd was on edge. He didn't have much confidence in his paper. Let me just say he got a 95%. I am so proud of him and he worked really hard and he deserved that "A". Way to go sweetie!
My other brag for the day; not near the greatest of Todd's 95%, but still noteworthy. I am a end of the season shopper. Especially for the kids since I'm pretty much buying new wardrobes every season. So we set out yesterday to hit the mall and the sidewalk sale with all the great deals and my Children's Place coupon. I love when those hit at the same time, clearance with an additional 30% off and my addition 15% off coupon. It makes for great deals. So, I get them a good start on next winters clothes.
After my time at Children's Place I headed to look more and saw Old Navy was having 50% off their clearance so I went in there. The best deal of the day was finding tall black boots for Haven. I paid $2.25 for them. I have been looking for black boots, but not willing to pay the prices I had been seeing. I was so excited I wanted to call all my friends right then.
She did wear them to church today with her pink tutu skirt and she looked oh so cute! Here's a picture of my great deal. I just ask that you not covet my $2.25 boots.

2 comments:

belinda said...

I love bargains! The boots are adorable. I also got some bargains for Eli at Old Navy and Children's Place, but I didn't have the addt'l 15% coupon like you did--the bargain shopper lady would be proud! Also, way to go Todd!

Anonymous said...

I love the boots! They are too cute and I can totally see Haven wearing them. I miss you all. Tell Todd way to go with the A.