Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Girls' Night and Guys' Night Out

On Friday we split up and the guys hung out and me and Haven hung out. The guys went to McDonald's (choice of the oldest son) and played in the indoor playground. The girls had a nice dinner at Ruby Tuesday's, Nana met us there and ate with us, and then we had a very important play date with Max, a cute little pug owned by our friend Erin.


Haven has been asking and asking for a real puppy for a few months now. My feelings about getting a dog is I really don't want one more thing to take care of. When the kids are old enough and can help or best of all take care of it all by themselves I may be open to the idea of a dog. My very wise sister in law put it very well when she said she's done enough potty training and does not want to potty train a dog.

So, this is why friends with dogs are a true blessing. You can take your children and let them play, the children get their dog fix and the dog gets to run around and release some of that energy they have and everybody wins. Erin was so kind to let us come over to her house and let Haven get her Max fix. We sat around and watched and took pictures and here comes my favorite part, at the end of the night we left and Max stayed with Erin.

Max is such a good dog and he just played with Haven and gave her plenty of kisses. She loved every second. Thanks Erin and Max for letting us come play and I'm sure we'll be back for another play date soon.

Oh yeah, Haven not only wants a real dog for her birthday, she wants a real Max.

Puppy kisses.

3 comments:

Erin Ward said...

I'm so glad you guys came over! Max loves giving out those kisses. (He totally stuck his tounge in her mouth. Gross!) haha.

So basically, my dog is like a grandchild. You play with it for a while, then send it back to the parent. :)

Haven is such a sweetheart. Come back anytime!

Aunt Murry said...

I came from Erin's blog...How totally cute. I have two yorkies. My girl loves kids. We had a little friend spent the night last Friday and they got plenty of loving!

belinda said...

You got some great pictures. I love Haven's expression when Max is giving her kisses right on the mouth! Oh, by the way--Haven's new boots look fabulous in the pic on Erin's blog!