Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Our Big News

On Sunday, April 20 Todd and I went in view of a call at Glidewell Baptist Church for youth pastor/worship leader. That night they had the vote and it was a yay! It's a small country church not far from our house. They just hired a new pastor and we love this man and his wife to death. Their very being is all about mentoring, so Todd and I are very excited to sit under them.

We are asking for prayer for Todd as he takes on a ministry he's never done before, worship leader - that he will allow God to direct him in leading a service that is pleasing and honoring to Him and that Todd will grow in this area of leading worship. Then we ask that you pray extra grace for us as the youth group is mostly jr. high students, jr. high girls to be exact. The church is really stepping out in faith, this is the first time they've paid someone to work with their youth. In the past it has been whoever wanted to teach on Sundays and Wednesdays. We are very excited about this opportunity to start a youth group from scratch.

We will also be moving. The church has a parsonage that the pastor and his wife did not take, so we were given the opportunity to move into it.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Heather, that is so exciting! I'm thrilled for you guys! I can't wait to hear more about your journey. Are you sad about leaving your house?

thehirschgang said...

yeah, yeah, yeah!!!
We're so excited for you guys and praising God with you! We keep saying we need to call and see what happened- we've been praying! So exciting!!! We will call soon. (though I am sad about your house...I will miss it!) :(
I love you!

Mindy said...

Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Heather, I'm glad for your family, but will miss Jadon and Haven in Sunday School. Many blessings!

Heather said...

I am really going to miss my house. This is the home that Todd and I built together. Maybe, hopefully we will get a chance to build another one together. Thank you everyone for your support and encouragement and most importantly your prayers.

The Igo Family said...

PRAISE THE LORD!!! This is so awesome. I am so excited for you guys! We will be praying for you all!