Monday, April 21, 2008

Happy Birthday To The Greatest Father and Husband

Saturday was my loving, extremely good looking husband's birthday. I won't divulge his age, I'll just say he was 8 when my parents were ushering me into this world. No matter his age he's still a hottie!
Saturday was also the grand opening of a new park, Rutledge-Wilson Farm. The kids and I had visited there on Christmas Eve, but now they have the new play area, it's set up like a barn and silo with things to climb on and many slides coming out of it, quite a child's paradise. They also have the working hen house going. Our children loved to grab the rooster's and chicken's tail feathers through the fence. I was thankful there was a fence, I had flashbacks of my childhood when we had chickens and roosters and there was one particular rooster that liked to chase me until he knocked me down and then would peck me. My dad finally got fed up with it and went to make sure that rooster never did it again. In my dad's haste to do it quickly he grabbed the wrong rooster. After going back for the one and still getting it wrong he decided that he would just make sure there would never be another rooster (or chicken just he was wrong in the gender) who pecked his little girl again. Needless to say we had chicken in our freezer for many a months.

After our fun filled morning at the park we all went home for a nap. Later that evening we had cake, thanks to Jadon (he informed me that we could not have a birthday without cake) and gave daddy the card Jadon and Haven made.
We forgot the stroller for Jude so daddy had to carry him around everywhere. Thank goodness for a strong man!

0 comments: