Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Where Do They Get Their Style?

Jadon has started wanting to pick out his clothes for the day. The last 2 months Jadon will wake up and pick out what he is going to wear for the day. We've had conversations about picking pants and shirts that go together. So, here's Jadon wisdom in picking out clothes; as long as they have at least one color the same in both the pants and shirt and the more you can layer the better. This morning he got up and started picking out his clothes.

"Mom, can I wear these (shorts)?"

"Sure." (He's been trying to wear shorts for days and it's still not quite warm enough, but since he'll be inside because of the rain I concede.)

"What about these. They have red in them."

"Yes, they do."

"This shirt has red in them"

"Yes, it does."

"I think they go together."

"I think that looks good. Please go get your socks and shoes on."

"Can I wear these? They have red in them too." (they are black, gray and red slip-on shoes.)

"Yes, I love the clothes you picked out, may I take a picture of you?"

"Sure."

Never in a million years, when thinking of having children, did I ever think I would allow them to wear clothes that didn't match. Today my son is proudly wearing a gray long sleeved shirt with blue and red stripes with red, white and gray plaid shorts, white socks with a gray band around the top and black, gray and red plaid slip-on shoes. Who knows he might just start a new clothing trend.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks kind of cute. only jadon can pull it off!!! :).

mallory