Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Warning: Child May Bite

My sweet, beautiful, petite girl is biting. She just started this biting thing a week ago. Her victim is always Jadon too, poor Jadon. She gets mad at him and out come the fangs. On Saturday I was sitting in the floor with Jadon laying on my legs and Haven sitting beside me all of a sudden she decides she wants Jadon to move so she leans over and bites his little bottom. Jadon doesn't have the cushion of a diaper anymore, he is in big boy underwear. He started crying and I pulled her off him and then with his big blue eyes Jadon looks up at me and asks, "What did Sissy do?" My reply, well, she bit you. And the only thing he could say was, "Again?"

Thankfully, our last episode was that day. But Jadon has to be on watch because you never know when she might strike. She chased him across the floor the other day trying to bite him, until he finally jumped up on the couch where she couldn't reach him.

We have consulted with some veteran moms in our church and are hopefully going to nip this thing in the bud. For the time being Jadon gets the battle wounds, his arm, his other arm, his bottom and his toe. The phenom of being a mother, it's never boring and always unexpected and you wouldn't change it for the world; even when it wants to take a bite out of you.
Here are the marks of a sister.

Hard to believe something this adorable could have done something like that.

2 comments:

jennyhope said...

Heather,
Amanda told me about your blog. Your family is so precious and my heart just ached as I read about your first born. Today is the 3rd anniversary of losing my sweet daughter Shelby.
I am so happy that you are pregnant and that God has blessed you so much with your precious children. I am so sorry for what you and your husband have been through and your blog is such an encouragement and testimony to God's grace.

jennyhope said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog. Amanda told me about your sweet baby. I am so sorry for you and I will be praying for you tomorrow. I am so happy that you have been blessed so much with your sweet children and I can feel the rip in your heart. I have prayed that God will bless you and protect the sweet one in your womb. Praying tomorrow. love jenny