Thursday, June 24, 2010

An Original

I am so excited. My mom brought over my Mother's Day gift on Saturday. I know this past weekend was Father's Day. My mom had worked so hard on my Mother's Day gift this year and had to send it off to be finished. She had no idea it was going to take this long for them to finish everything.

I love it! It is an Elizabeth Chapman original. It's a rose, then my mom took the poem that Todd had written the day after we lost Karis and had them matted and framed. It turned out beautifully and I was totally surprised. And of course I cried. What a beautiful way to remember our daughter and how great our God is.

I love Elizabeth's paintings and had mentioned many times to Todd how I would love to own on. Plus the fact that she is a friend makes it even more special to own one of her paintings.

I tried to take a picture, I don't know if you can see it well, but it is absolutely beautiful and if you are ever my way stop in and I would love to show it off.

0 comments: