Sunday, September 14, 2008

We All Had A Little Jump Mania

I met a dear friend from school and her daughter and son, which are the same ages of Jadon and Jude, for a playdate in Springfield on Friday. Jump Mania just opened a few months ago and is full of inflatables. It's a very nice set up, with inflatables for all different ages, and tables set up all around for the moms and dads to sit at while you try to keep an eye on your child. One of the things I like best is the measures they take to make sure no one can leave with your child but you.

This was our first experience at this new, wonderfully busy with kids running every where place. I'm not usually a paranoid mom, but I do like to have vision of my children in public places at all times so my heart did a little racing when I realized that wasn't really possible.

I did my best and when one of my children got lost and stuck in the largest of the inflatable obstacles I went in after her. Thankfully my dear friend, if that is what she would be called at that moment, did not have her camera right then. Otherwise there would probably be pictures of me trying to climb through an area they call "the squeeze".

It's exactly how it sounds. There is a short wall that you have to climb up while another part comes down, so you have a very small area to get through. An area that even Haven had a hard time getting through, but duty calls and you do what you need to do, right?

I'll just say Haven was threatened to not go in that inflatable again.

Jadon was such a good big brother, walking behind Haven while they climbed up the wall. This is Jadon trying to make it through the squeeze. The same one I had to try to fit my body through. Jadon and Haven along with my friend's daughter. This is a friend Jadon made while there. After we left he asked me if he could take his friend to Cubbies. There was even an area for Jude to crawl around and toys for him to play with. Can you tell his excitement?

1 comments:

Angela Heather Hammond said...

I'm detecting a degree of sarcasm in reference to your "dear friend." I feel the need to defend her. Perhaps she was innocently trying to capture memories for everyone to view on her blog??? Regardless, I'm still very impressed that you made it through "the squeeze."