Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I Want To Remember This

Last night I was fixing dinner, fish and sweet potato fries. I heard some of the sweetest words from Jadon.

A little background first, usually when I fix dinner I get hit with I don't want that or I don't like that. Which I usually follow by saying, "sorry that's what we're having" or "yes you do, you at it and liked it the last time we had it".

Jadon at times just doesn't want to eat what has been picked for him to eat. Maybe this is another way his independance is trying to manifest. But, from the beginning I've never planned to make more than one meal for my family to eat. What I fix is what's for dinner end of discussion.

So, back to last night while fixing dinner Jadon came to the kitchen and here is our conversation:

Jadon, "That smells good."

Me, "Thank you Jadon."

Jadon, "You are a gooood cook."

Me, "Thank you Jadon."

Jadon, "I like your food."

Me, "That makes mommy feel good that you like her food."

Jadon, "I do."

So, the next time I hear complaining about the food I'm fixing I will remind myself of this night when I was a good cook.

0 comments: