Thursday, September 4, 2008

Potty Training

We are at that time we have started potty training Haven. I really wasn't sure how this whole thing would go over with her. We joke sometimes about the two sides of Haven, the Smeagol side and the Gollum side (Lord of the Rings).

It was definately time to start because she had gotten to the point of asking us to clean her bottom after she went in her diaper.

I have a policy, when they start asking to be changed and cleaned then it's time for them to learn to start using the potty.

We started on Friday and it was rough at first. We would set her on the potty and she would scream repeatedly, "get off!"

We made it through to Sunday and it started to become easier. I kept up with it while traveling on Sunday and Monday. It kept getting better.

Then on Tuesday and Wednesday she had only one accident throughout the entire day. And as I type this she has not had any accidents today. She even just woke up and is still dry.

She's even going poo poo on the potty and telling us when she has to go.

I'm so proud of her and what started off rough has ended fairly quickly and with no battle wounds.

Way to go Sister!

1 comments:

thehirschgang said...

So glad it's working out...it's given me encouragement for Belle's potty training. I'm SO not looking forward to it. After the move, we're going to hit it hard. This prego may be calling you for moral support.
Love the pics from the weekend. I can't believe my camera battery was dead. Thanks for taking the pics.
And..Haven left her blankie, which I will send...along with Karis' gift. :) I guess, blame my prego brain? Well, really, I'm sorry I wasn't much...anything...I was still a little zombied and not feeling up to par from being sick. It was just nice to sit in the same room with you guys and hear your voices. :)
I'm glad God got you through sharing about Karis, and even that your hubby was "mean" enough to make you share. It's such a beautiful testimony of God's goodness in the midst of the horrible stuff of life. Somebody there may have had to hear it from her mom.
Love you, friend!