Saturday, September 20, 2008

Mommy Down 1, Daddy Up 1

I knew this day would come. Todd even helped prepare me for this day when we found out we were pregnant with a boy.

The day where our son would want more to do with Daddy than Mommy. Up until recently, for the most part, Jadon and I have been like peanut butter and jelly. Now, it's him and Daddy.

He wants to go with Daddy everywhere, he wants Daddy to take him to bed, he wants Daddy when he's in trouble, it's all Daddy.

I've done quite well with this whole change thing. Until today when he was telling stories to Daddy and he was telling him about his castle and that the top floor had two gold chairs and one red chair, the gold chairs belonged to Jadon and Daddy and the red one belonged to Haven. My chair was yellow and on the middle floor.

I've been demoted. Not only is Jadon growing up and needing his Daddy more, I've lost status even in his stories.

So, I've become the mom that lives on the middle floor all by myself.

At least I still have Haven and Jude for a little while longer. I will cherish the time I have with them wanting Mommy and Mommy being the greatest thing since tutti fruiti dessert baby food.

News break: My spirits are somewhat lifted by Jadon coming into the living room while I am typing to let me know I could be the Mommy and Todd could be the grandpa; he and Haven are playing house. Take that Daddy!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Well, compared to me and Jackson, you made it a long time! He and his daddy left me in the dust quite a while back. Now that he knows about the baby he seems a little more attached to me. I am enjoying every minute of it!

Angela Heather Hammond said...

Be prepared, it doesn't get any better with a girl. In fact, Zoe and Josh have always had a special father-daughter bond that I love. But I WAS looking forward to sharing that special bond with my son. Thanks for the heads up that one day, I will lose status with him too. Sigh.

Heather said...

Jadon actually has been a daddy's boy for quite some time too. He's just now becoming vocal about being daddy's boy. Like leaving me out of his stories and other ways.

I've come to realize just how important fathers really are in the lives of children. I knew it, but now I really know it. If that makes sense.

I still take every opportunity to cash in on some Mommy time.