Wednesday, June 25, 2008

This Has Been Our Week...

The past week in our household has very busy. I am sitting here trying to remember what all has been going on. Here's a basic recap of the Wallace household going ons.

Jadon:
On Sunday Jadon renamed the whole family, now here's the new names we all go by:
* Todd - Monty
* Jadon - Harv
* Haven - Judy
* Jude - Jack
* Me - Marge

I have no idea where these names came from, but we've had a great time pretending to be these people. Jadon is Harv who works at a workshop. I forget what the rest of us do.

Haven:
The big change with Haven this past week is she now sleeps in a big girl bed. We moved her to her own room and put a twin bed in there. She loves her new bed and amazingly sleeps a lot better in her new bed than in the crib. I was sure of having long sleepless nights due to her constantly getting out of bed. I have to say thank you to those who prayed for this transition when I posted about us getting ready to make this move. God definitely answered! It has been fun with her in her own room because I can make it as girly as I want.

We also had our first incident of Haven or any of our kids putting something up their nose. We were eating dinner and she kept pointing up there. Finally, after a while of her doing it (because there are times I just can't figure out what in the world she is saying) I realized that there was something up her nose. Todd got the tweezers to see if they would work and thankfully it wasn't far enough up there that we got it. It was a kernel of corn and a huge one at that. I've decided that Haven is going to be the one to commission us on all things parents dread happening. We got it pretty easy with Jadon, now we're paying for it.

Jude:
Since Haven was put in a big girl bed that means Jude gets the crib. He so needed that crib, his chunky arms and legs were hanging out the cradle every time I went to get him. Since moving into his crib (and by the way he got new bedding) I find him sleeping on his tummy. He is now rolling over from back to front and front to back. He also is sharing a room with Jadon. When we found out we were pregnant and before we knew we had a Jude I prayed God would give us the one, boy or girl, that would best share a room. I see already how God answered that prayer in how well Jadon has been in sharing his room with Jude. And in how well Haven has taken to having her own room.

Jude had his 4 month check-up and all is well. He is over 13 lbs and 24 in long and everything checked out wonderfully. On a sad note I did find out that my doctor is leaving and will no longer be in the area. I love my doctor, he was my doctor when we lost Karis and with each of my other kids. He knows my entire family including parents and siblings and just does those extra little things. I told him I was really sad about this news and he was so nice in giving me permission to call him anytime I needed anything. Even though his leaving is very sad I do have a God story about his leaving.

The girl that does my hair for now (I go to the School of Cosmetology because my cousin is an instructor there and she puts me with the really talented students and I can get my hair cut and colored for $6, stinking incredible!) lives in Branson and that happens to be where my doctor is moving to. We both had the unfortunate reality of losing our first born and we were talking about the things God did for us during that experience and how He still continues to heal and show us things. In the process I told her about my doctor and how absolutely wonderful he was through it all and even now. Then I told her he was leaving and moving to Branson. She got really excited and asked when, it took me a second and I realized that while he was leaving and could no longer be my doctor he could be hers. I couldn't think of a better doctor to have after having experienced a loss of a child.

The more I thought about it the more I could see God working this out. Todd and I are planning on being done with having babies and here she is just starting to expand her family. Now I pray God brings them together and He can use my doctor to be a blessing to someone else the way he was to me and my family.

I will get to see my doctor one last time before he leaves. I might cry on that day.

All for now,
Marg

2 comments:

Mindy said...

It is so exciting to see how God works things out. I'm glad the crib thing is working out, I am definatly not ready for that yet. And I sure am glad Haven did not get that kernal in there to far... that could have been bad.

thehirschgang said...

That is so funny...new names...corn up the nose...the adventures of parenting, huh?! :)
We're going to be putting Belle in a big bed soon, since we'll need cribs for the two babies now. She sleeps in one at my parent's house, so we're praying it won't be too many training nights...
Thanks for sharing how God is working, using your lose of your doctor to be able to refer someone else to him that could use that same comfort you experienced. I'm sad for you- it's not easy to find a doctor you trust and who really cares for you- but how great to see God at work!