Friday, June 6, 2008

I Think It's Time

Since Jude was born he's been sleeping in the cradle that Pappy made for our kids when we were pregnant with Karis. He's made cradles for each of his kid's families and they are absolutely beautiful. He definitely has a gift for wood working.

Because of our children being close in age and still having the need for one to have the crib we try to stretch out the stay in the cradle. Well, yesterday morning I went to get Jude up from his nap and I found him asleep on his side with his arms hanging out the side and sucking on the bars. There's been times I've found him with both legs and arms hanging out of the cradle. I think it is about time for us to transition Haven to a big girl bed so Jude can have the crib. You might pray for us in this transition time. There may be some sleepless nights ahead as Haven learns she can freely get out of bed at any time.

On another note Haven had her first, that we know of, nightmare. We heard her crying in the middle of the night last night so Todd went to check on her. When he got in there he found her still asleep holding onto her bed and she was crying and kicking. Todd had to wake her up to get her to stop crying. When asked if she was having a bad dream she said bees were chasing her. Poor little girl, that would scare me too. This morning she told me that bees were chasing her and flys were chasing bubby. Daddy will have to take care of all the bees and flys tonight before she goes to bed.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh, that's so sad about Haven's dreams! Jackson has had two this week. Curt and I were trying to figure out what a nightmare would be like for him. Maybe his balloon flew away or his monster trucks went down the storm drain. Or that we ran out of bananas or apple juice. I did not think about bugs! Good thing the exterminator came today.

belinda said...

I hate having a bad dream. I'm glad you woke Haven up, maybe you spared her from dreaming they were stinging her! Good luck with the bed transition!