Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Memorial Day

Our Memorial Day here was rainy so we waited to visit Karis' grave on the following Friday. It was a nice day and Todd and I took the kids. Jadon helped put the flower and butterfly picks beside her headstone. Afterwards they both sat beside the headstone. At one point they were sitting there running their little fingers over her name. It brought tears to my eyes watching them. This year she would have been 5. It is so hard to imagine us having a 5 year old, so many times it seems like it all happened just yesterday.

Everytime we go visit her grave Jadon spends the next couple of days talking about her. I am always amazed at how his little mind works.


2 comments:

Amanda said...

That sweet Karis. I would have bawled seeing your little ones run their fingers over her name. Love you guys!

thehirschgang said...

I love these pictures. They made me cry. What a sweet time for you- He gives and takes away. Blessed by His name. I love you!