Wednesday, May 21, 2008

You're So Funny

We have arrived at the stage where my Jadon talks non-stop. I mean we get in the car and it is continuous talking until we get to our destination, Nana and Mema can second this. If he can't think of anything to talk about he starts asking what the signs say. "Mom, what does that octogon say?" or "Mom, what does that arrow say?" or "Mom, what does that triangle say?" Any sign he can find he likes to say the shape and ask what is says. Then comes all the why questions. "Why is the sun following us?" (I remember thinking that as a child, but I don't think I ever asked that question out loud.)

This summer Todd and I are going to go to Denver with Global Encounter. The kids and I will be riding with Donna and Todd will meet us there a couple days later. I can only imagine all the questions and signs we will see in the 15 hour drive. Lord, please help me.

Another Jadon story, he is becoming so smart. We were at the mall on Saturday and a boy walked by in his baseball uniform and Jadon look there's twenty five. I look and oh my goodness the number on his jersey actually is 25. He's also been learning addition and is quite proud of his math skills. I pray he does not struggle in math like his momma.

And I have to add one more cutsie story, this one about Haven or Have (long A sound) as Jadon likes to refer to her. I was really tired last night so Todd (the most thoughtful husband every) offered to take care of dinner. I asked Haven what sounded good for dinner, here's our conversation:

Me: "Haven what sounds good for dinner?"

Haven: "Ummmm, (pause) hicken."

Me: "Chicken?"

Haven: "yeah."

Haven: "hegg."

Me: "egg?"

Haven: "yeah."

Daddy: "which came first, the chicken or the egg?"

Haven: "the chicken." (there you go folks, the answer to the question everyone's been asking for decades, the chicken did come before the egg.)

Haven: "ummmm, hahun."

Mommy: "bacon?"

Haven: "yeah"

Mommy: "So for dinner you want chicken, an egg and bacon."

Haven: "ummm, yeah!"

Just so you know she did get the chicken, but she got apples with honey instead of eggs and bacon.

0 comments: