Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

My Mother's Day weekend started off with lunch on Saturday with Gary & Donna and Matt, Lindsay & Gavin. Donna's choice was Red Robbin's, yummy! After lunch Todd and I went home and put the kids down for nap and my mom and I made a meal for a couple that just had a baby. It was so fun to take them a meal and rejoice with them as they celebrated their first Mother's Day.

On Sunday I woke up to cards from the kids and a sick child, so I stayed home from church with him. This is the first time I didn't get to go to church with my family on Mother's Day. This is also the first year that I wouldn't have gone to church with my mom and mother-in-law. It's strange to be at a different church than my family.

We did go have lunch at my mom and dad's. My cousin Tim joined us for lunch and offered to say the prayer before we ate. It was so precious to hear his words as he thanked God for all the women in his life, my mom and grandma, and thanked God for his mom. My aunt lost her battle with cancer 6 years ago on Mother's Day.

I am blessed to have the mom I do. She completes the trio of my best girlfriends (my sister being the other.) We can talk about anything. She's always eager to use a vacation day to watch my kiddos. She is my workout partner and my shopping partner. She prays continuously for my family. I love my mom, Happy Mother's Day.

I am blessed to have the Mother-in-law I do. She happily keeps my children the days I work. She loves me like a daughter. She was my friend before she became my mother-in-law. She prays continuously for our family. I love you, Happy Mother's Day.

0 comments: