Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Catching Up

I have a lot of catching up to do. I didn't realize how far behind I had gotten on here. We've been doing weekly doctor visits for the past 3 weeks now. I love my doctor and he is always so concerned and takes good care of us. So, needless to say we get to see him every week and have an ultrasound until Jude decides to enter this world. Which my mom is hoping will be on her birthday. I think that would be nice for them to share birthdays. But, as I've told her I have the last say in when this babe decides to come.

The Wallace family's Christmas holiday:

1) A new park just opened up in town, Wilson/Rutledge Farm. A family donated land with an old farmhouse and they've turned it into a working farm. It's not quite finished, but by this spring/summer it should be. It has a barn with miniature horses, cows, pigs, sheep; it will have a chicken house; two ponds to do fishing; a playground made specifically for them that looks like a huge barn.

We (me, Nana, Jadon & Haven) went to check it out on Christmas Eve and ended up having a blast. We did a hay ride with Shire horses pulling the wagon. I love these horses, they are massive, incredible beasts! Haven made a bracelet and Jadon made a bird feeder. Then we got to watch as one of the miniature horses escaped captivity and ran for all it's worth and quite efficiently dodged the workers trying to catch it. Those little horses have spunk! Jadon even tried his hand at milking a fiberglass cow. I think he got a couple of squirts to come out.

2) Our Christmas was so much fun this year. Jadon really got into the giving and receiving of presents. We got to see the Bischoff family and of course there were plenty of hugs and kisses going on between all the cousins. They love each other so much and Jadon misses them so much when they leave. This was also really the first time Haven played with her cousins. The last time they were here she just turned 1.

I finally got a picture with them all sitting and looking at the camera. You can see the progression of pictures: first, everyone looking and Haven screaming; second, I just started trying to get her in the picture when she would walk by; third, Aunt Wendy finally gave her a present to hold and she sat down for a whole minute. Great idea Aunt Wendy! Isn't Ruthie such a poser, I love taking pictures of her.

We got to go to Silver Dollar City with all the kids. Thanks to some very generous people who gave us free tickets when we got down there we ended up not having to buy a single ticket. God is so good, even in the small things!
My camera doesn't take such great pictures when it's very dark outside, but I love every one's expressions in the pic and so I had to put it in. I also like the fact that Lucas has a floating head above him. By the way, we are working our way toward a new camera. Our goal is by this summer to have it, I can't wait!

I love Christmas time and this year was better than any in the past. Seeing and being around family, having good food and watching my children enjoy themselves made this Christmas truly incredible.

0 comments: