Monday, January 21, 2008

What Won't She Eat?

This is a question I am finding I ask myself quite often lately. What in the world won't my sweet little precious Haven eat. Yesterday, I found her in Mema's office playing with her computer, which got her in trouble first. Then I looked on the floor to find mouse poison scattered everywhere. Sure enough, check her mouth and she has eaten mouse poison! What do I do?! I yell for Todd, Todd starts yelling for the box to find the poison control number and this creates a major panic with everyone in the room.

We finally got someone on the phone with poison control (which is a frustrating story) and found out that the kind of poison she ate is a blood thinner and if she didn't get enough it shouldn't hurt her. We would need to watch her for 3 days and make sure there was not blood in her urine, excessive bruising or bloody nose. If these symptoms arose we were to take her to the ER and they would give her a vitamin K shot to help her blood clot. That was better news than I was expecting, thank you Lord!

I was picturing having to take Haven to the hospital and then I going into stressed induced labor and not being able to be there for her. Thankfully, non of it played out that way.

Why we were so frustrated with poison control. First the number they gave us on the box to call, no one was there. We got an answering service, thanks but this is an emergency and usually is when you're calling poison control. Second, we had to look through the phone book to find poison control in our area and when we called that number we had to go through a bunch of "push this number to talk to", again this is an emergency can't anyone understand this! Again, thank you Lord, it turned out to not be our worst fears.

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh my word! How scary! That might have sent me into labor. I'm glad she's okay.