Monday, January 21, 2008

One Week

We're all busy around the Wallace household, getting ready for the arrival of Baby Jude. And boy am I ready! It's amazing how God will let you know when you are done having kids. Up until this point I was always ready to have another one. But, now, I am definately done. My sister-in-law once told me, you just know when you're done. I now understand that feeling.

One of the major changes we made was move Haven into Jadon's room so Jude could have the nursery when he came. I was a little nervous about it at first. I pictured long, restless nights with one or both not sleeping very well. Our first night in the same room, Haven is still in the crib and Jadon has been in a big boy bed for over a year now, they liked the idea of going to bed together. To the point of at 9:00pm they were still awake. I walked in to check on them and bedroom light was on, Haven had toys in her crib and Jadon had toys in his bed. At least they were still in bed. So, momma voice came out to let them know it was definately bed time, not play time and they needed to be asleep. Todd walked in after me and asked how Haven got the toys in her bed and Jadon with a beeming smile and proudly said, "I gave them to her." How nice of him to think of her and give her toys. After that it didn't take them long to get to sleep.

Since that night they've done really well and have gotten used to mornings with each other. Haven is an early riser and Jadon likes to sleep in. Haven can wake up early and it doesn't bother Jadon.

Can't wait to see what other changes we'll be making when Jude actually arrives.

0 comments: