Sunday, May 17, 2009

The First Bloom of the Year

When we lost Karis we had some sweet couples send us miniature rose bushes. I kept them in the house through the rest of summer and winter and come Spring Todd and I put together a memorial garden with all the flower plants we were given. It sits right in front of our porch. There are 2 rose bushes and 2 lily plants that were all given in memorial of Karis.

This is the 5th year for our rose bushes blooming so beautifully in our garden. Year after year the bush flourishes and I am pleasantly surprised by how much it grows each year.

Well, I just had our first rose open up last week and it was such a beautiful rose. The very next day both bushes were covered in roses. Here's my first rose of the year. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Beautiful, Heather!