Thursday, April 9, 2009

Hair Raising Fun

Due to some guy deciding to drink and then drive we spent 24 hours without electricity a couple of weekends ago. (I know I'm a little behind on updating this thing). Thankfully no one was hurt, just a few electrical poles were taken out and about 400 people left without electricity from 8:00pm Thursday to about 8:00pm on Friday.

To help me stay sane because of my house beign a huge mess, I had bunco with the ladies so Todd fixed dinner and I was going to come home and clean up the kitchen just so my wonderful husband wouldn't have to, but instead I came home to a dark house, the kids and I went over to Donna and Gary's to hang out.

The kids found having no electricity exciting. They got their backpacks and filled them full of stuff and we went out to lunch, took naps at Mema's and then we went outside and played the rest of the evening. We finally went home around 7:30pm to still no electricity, but I really wanted to get the kids ready for bed before it got dark and we were trying to do it half sighted. Todd made one last call to the utility company, he was getting extremely nervous about getting a paper typed that was due early Saturday morning.

I'm not exaggerating, as soon as he hung up the phone I started screaming because we had electricity. Hallelujah! It took Todd a few seconds, longer than he would like to admit, to notice the bright lights shining in our home.

I have to say I found it quite annoying to be without power, it messed up my routine. But I am thankful that even during the very short time I was without I never had to wonder if I would get my electricity back, I didn't have to worry about the kids being fed or having a warm place to stay or if they had warm clothes to wear. I am truly blessed for what the Lord has given me. Having no electricity was a nice reminder of how the Lord takes care of us.

Pictures of Jude and Haven after jumping on the trampoline.
That Saturday was a perfect day for kite flying. So, we surprised Jadon with the kite daddy had bought for him weeks before. I'm not sure who had more fun, Todd or Jadon.

Then we ended the week with haircuts for the family including Jude's first haircut. He did a pretty good job with getting a little squirmy at the end. He looks more like a little boy than a baby, one more step away from being my little baby.

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Jude's haircut is so cute!