Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter Pics

Jadon has been excited about Easter for weeks. He is constantly talking about why Jesus had to die on the cross. Our first conversation about Easter this year with Jadon went like this.
Me: "Jadon why do we celebrate Easter?"
Jadon: "It's when Jesus died on the cross."
Me: "Why did Jesus die on the cross?"
Jadon: "Because our sins."
Me: "What are sins?"
Jadon: "Like when I lie."
Me: "Is Jesus still in the tomb?"
Jadon: "No, He's not dead anymore."
I love how his 4 year old mind is so trusting and matter of fact about how Jesus died on the cross for our sins, but we celebrate because He is alive! I am excited to think that our children are growing to the time that prayerfully one day they will see their need for Him. I pray for that day everyday.
Here is my try at getting a picture of all the kids in their Easter outfits. I was not going to get it, either Haven was crying or Jude was crying. After a time of wanting to cry myself I was graciously reminded by my husband that Easter is not about this petty stuff. I hate to admit that I had to be reminded that Easter is not just a holiday when we dress our kids in pretty outfits and parade them to church for everyone to see.

1 comments:

Angela Heather Hammond said...

I LOVE these pictures! I have one of me when I was teeny tiny, in my Easter dress, my Easter bonet, with my Easter basket, mouth full of candy, wide open as I am wailing. It's one of my favorites kid pictures. Hmmm, I wonder where it is now. Okay, so I have the memory of my favorite picture...

Also, LOVE!!!!!!!!!!! The new blog background. Gorgeous!