Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Easter Story

This week the kids and I have been talking a lot about the Easter story. You can't go to the store without seeing all these great toys or candy and I want our children to know that all this stuff is not why we celebrate Easter. So, we've been discussing that Jesus died on the cross for our sins and we celebrate because He did not stay dead, but He arose.


Yesterday, after having talked about the reason we celebrate Easter earlier in the day, Jadon came up to me and said, "can I read you a story from my Bible?" Of course, I love hearing him read stories from his Bible. He opened it up to some random page and started "reading".

"Jesus is gone from the tomb the people put him in." I love hearing the things we talk about coming out in his own words. His words are so simple and true. I often times have to remind myself of that childlike faith. Jadon and I can talk about things and he just accepts it and I'm sitting there trying to figure out a way I'm going to explain it to him.

We had another conversation a few weeks ago and he was asking where God lived. We talked a little bit about God and then I asked him where Jesus lived and his reply was, "in God." I sat there again trying to think of a way to explain that to him and then I was reminded that I don't have to explain everything, that is what faith is. I am so excited that Jadon and I are starting to have spiritual conversations with each other.

After Jadon read me the Bible story he asked if he could have his picure taken with his Bible.

3 comments:

thehirschgang said...

that is TOO CUTE. I love it.
praise God for these opportunities God gives us with our precious little ones.
It is SO true that so many times I'm trying to figure out WHAT to say, how to explain it, how she'll understand it, and then when I just say it, she fully believes/accepts it. I'M the one with the problem!
Our latest talks with Bekah have been about- how do babies come out? and how did they get there in the first place? OH MY- those have been some pretty interesting discussions, remind me to tell you more...
ha.
Love you-
Lynette

Anonymous said...

i don't know if this family could get any cuter!

belinda said...

That is so sweet!