Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Things That Make You Proud & Things That Make You Laugh

First, the things that make a mom proud is listening to her 3 year old son quoting scripture he's learned to himself. Jadon has gone through this stage of saying "I can't" a lot. So, we started teaching him, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Everytime we heard him say the words "I can't" we would remind him of the scripture. On a Friday, after Jude was born, we were at home and I heard him say "I can't", then out of his mouth came those sweet words of I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me and he continued to repeat those words until he was able to do what he thought he couldn't do. I sat there so proud and thankful that the Word of God has already made an impact in his life. One of the things we pray daily for Jadon is that he would be a lover of God's Word.

A couple days after that my mom and grandma came to visit us and Jadon was asking her to do something and she replied to him, "I don't know if I can do that." His response to her was, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Preaching to his Great Gram, way to go son!

Our Haven already has a weird fetish, she has to clean out her toes everytime we change her diaper. If she has socks on she yanks them off to clean out her toes. If you don't have socks on she will come over and clean out your toes. We all know this about her, even Jadon comments on how she likes to clean her toes. The other day Jadon had sock fuzz in his toes and I watch as he goes over to Haven and asks her to clean out his toes. He has dirt in his toes and would she please clean it out. She sits down on the floor in front of him, grabs his foot and proceeds to clean out his toes. When she's done Jadon thanks her and they go off to play. I think with all the weird things my children have done or do this is by far one of the weirdest. So, the next time your around you might want to keep socks and shoes on or you may have a Haven cleaning your toes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The good thing about being young is that "weird" is just "cute" at Haven's age! On the next post we'll expect more pictures with the new camera to go along with your stories!

Belinda

Kara Akins said...

I love your beautiful family. What a good momma you are. You are doing such a great job!

thehirschgang said...

that is SO funny! Jadon, preach it! Just wait til it's YOU he's repeating things back to...
I will tell Gary, so that the next time we FINALLY get to visit each other, he will be aware of the "toe cleaner". That's hilarious. Can you picture her doing that married? I guess it's like washing feet?!?!