Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Haven and Her Food

The love story continues between Haven and her food. There was a couple of weeks in there that I thought maybe her appetite had come down to a little girl size, but no it is still the size of a grown man's.


The issue was she wanted to feed herself. So, I've handed over the spoon and she is now the feeder of her mouth. My mom jokes that when we were little she did not let us feed ourselves until we were old enough to say, "mom let me feed myself". She was afraid of messes. I do believe she did that although I don't remember actually having said that to her.

Haven makes messes, but she also loves food enough that 90% of it makes it into her mouth. I've been very impressed with her food shoveling skills. How she stays so petite with her man-atite I have no idea, so for now Mommy and Daddy will be her full button.

One great thing for Mommy having Haven feed herself is my mornings are so much calmer. I can get up and get Jadon & Haven's food together (or actually Daddy gets Haven's food together, they're both early risers unlike me and Jadon) and they eat while I eat or clean up around the house or the list can go on. I feel freedom, at least for a few more months. Then I will again have another mouth to feed.
Warning: Mom you may not want to look! Haven's gone from this to a spoon in just a few short months.

0 comments: