Tuesday, September 25, 2007

To Be a Daddy

About a month ago a lunch time Jadon, Haven and I were sitting at the kitchen table eating our lunch and I asked Jadon what he wanted to be when he got bigger. He just looked at me, when you ask him a question and he doesn't quite understand it he just stares at you. I asked him again to see if maybe he was just thinking really hard about it. When I asked the question I wasn't sure he would know what he wanted to be when he got bigger. He's 2 1/2 years old, does he understand the concept that he isn't always going to be the way he is now?


After a long pause, I had given up that he was going to answer my question and started to change the subject, he finally said, "a daddy." A daddy, what a great thing to be when you get bigger. We talked about it and I realized that to him the greatest thing in the world he could be is a daddy. There is nothing more important. The daddy is the one who takes care of everyone and fixes things around the house when they're broken. Daddy is the one who reads the Bible stories at night before bedtime. Daddy's, his daddy is very important.
I couldn't wait to tell Todd when he got home what his son found to be the most important job. The thing he wanted to be when he grew up. Still Jadon comments on how he wants to be a daddy when he gets bigger. I think, what a great example he has in his own daddy.
Here is one of my all time favorite pictures of Jadon and Daddy, Jadon is about 7 months here.

0 comments: