Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Seeing the Fruits of our Prayers

It is nice when you get to see a glimpse of prayers being answered. When we found out we were pregnant and we were having a little boy, we knew we would name him Jadon Creed. We started praying that he would be a builder of God's Kingdom and a lover of His Word. On Sunday Jadon came and asked if he could take his Bible to class with him, his nice Bible we bought and had engraved for his 1st Birthday. So, we had a talk about how you are to take care of your Bible because it is God's word and let him take it. He did not put his Bible down, he walked into class set it on the table and opened it up and told everyone about his Bible. I peeked in on him a couple of times and he made my heart smile every time I saw him telling stories from it.

Every day since then he has continued to ask to get his Bible. He gets it down off his shelf, takes it out of the box and opens it and reads from it. Yesterday, he prayed from it and he read to me the story of Jesus walking on the water. Except in his interpretation Jesus walked on the river. This is what we have been praying for his life, he would love God and His Word. What sweet music to our ears and hearts.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather, It warmed my heart when Jadon brought his Bible. I try to hold up my Bible every week and ask them what it is. Now we're learning that it contains God's Word. You and Todd keep up the good work. I know one day you will see the fruit of the seed you're planting today.