Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Fourth of July

I love the Fourth of July, partly because my birthday is the 3rd and growing up we always celebrated my birthday on the 4th. The other reason is because I love my country. Yes, I am one of those people that get teary eyed when I hear the National Athem or when I hear stories of anything patriotic. I truly am thankful for the country I live in, I am a proud American.

Every year for my birthday my mom would buy me a new outfit, of course it was patriotic. I looked forward to getting my new outfit every year. She's even tried to continue this tradition with me as I've gotten older. Well, this year my mom searched and searched but didn't find anything. I find this sad, but my daughter carried on the tradition for me. My grandma bought her the prettiest little dress and I proudly put it on her.

On the 3rd we invited family over to watch fireworks at our home. I love fireworks, but I do not light them. My job is to watch. This is Jadon's second year to get to enjoy them. He loves them as long as someone is sitting right next to him. Haven will get to start enjoying them next year. Here's pictures of Jadon & Gavin enjoying sparklers and then watching the fireworks. I think if Gavin would have let him Jadon would have sat in his lap. I'm not sure why, but Jadon insisted on having his winter mitten on while holding the sparklers. He didn't hold the sparkler with the hand he had the glove on. All I know is it makes sense to him.

Jadon, you can not do this until you are 37 years old.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

What fun pictures! Gavin's haircut is very cute. I bet he and Jadon had so much fun.

Erin Ward said...

Haven is so cute in that little dress! And I love the headbands she has.