Sunday, January 9, 2011

Live Nativity Pageant

Does your family have Christmas traditions that you look forward to each year?

For 33 years the Live Nativity Pageant has been a family tradition for Todd's family. I have been a part of it since I was 15 and I have very fond memories of starting out as an Angel in my early teens  and then moving up to being one of Herrod's herom girls. Today I get to be Mary with little boy Jesus.

For the past 4 years I have had the priviledge to play Mary with each of my kids being little boy Jesus. This year was Jude's first year and while he was little boy Jesus this was Jadon's first year to be the Angel on the stable that Jesus was born in. I love looking back and seeing all the parts we have been able to play while telling the story to hundreds of people who come to watch.

When the Pageant started 33 years ago Todd was the first to be the Angel on the stable. Now it is so sweet to have our son be the Angel. Although, he almost didn't do it. He really wanted to and then as it came closer he wasn't so sure about doing it so he backed out. Then the girl that was going to replace him had to cancel a couple days before. So, it was offered to him again just in case he had changed his mind. I spoke for him without asking and said, "no." He informed me he did want to do it and so he did.

Saturday night was his night and it was the coldest night of the week, temperature of 15 degrees and windchill of 6. There was snow and awful wind. The wind being so strong they chose not to put his wings on. He did awesome and stood up there holding his hands in the air, only a couple times did he grab the the rail around him when big gusts of wind came.


Jadon in his angel costume.

Me and Jude with the Wise Men, Pappy was one of the wise men. 
Enjoying our hot chocolate and cookie between shows.



0 comments: