Monday, March 23, 2009

Dare To Love Getaway

Todd and I had a great getaway weekend March 13 & 14 with almost 40 other couples from our church. We stayed at Stonebridge in Branson, MO and just had a great time of relaxing and hanging out with other couples. My mom was very wonderful in watching our children.

I got to be a part of the planning committee, which was incredibly fun. We started planning several months ago and at each meeting my excitement grew for this weekend retreat. My favorite part of the planning was getting down to the rooms early on Friday and putting sparkling grape juice, chocolate covered strawberries and wine glasses in each room. We also stocked the lodges with breakfast foods and juice and water for the next day.

We had an amazing dinner on Friday night in an absolutely beautiful room. We all then went back to our lodges and watched Fireproof and then the rest of the evening and morning was ours to do with what we wanted. Saturday afternoon a group of us went to the outlet mall and then to Branson Landing for lunch and more shopping.

I so enjoyed this beautiful weekend, I enjoyed the planning and the participating. I can't wait until we do another church marriage retreat weekend. A big huge thanks to Jen for thinking of and putting this together.

Here is a picture of the beautiful lodge we stayed in. Each lodge has a living area with kitchen and 4 bedrooms with each room having it's own jacuzzi tub, very nice!

0 comments: