Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Kids Say.....

The other night Todd and I were sitting down to do a devotional with the kids. The one we are going through right now is teaching them how to pray. There is a series of fill in your answers and at the end the kids pray.

I love this devotional because I get to hear what the kids are actually thinking about. It's been fun too as we look back at when we first started this book with Jadon when he was 3.

Sunday night we started with the first, I love you (God) because.....
Haven's answer was so sweet, "because He loves me."
Then they gave their answers to, I'm sorry because..... and thank you (God) for.........
After those came the prayer requests and the time of prayer.

Haven wanted to pray for her hurt leg, she did scrape it up pretty good at Great Gram's house. Then we decided that we should pray for Lucas, Bailey, Micah and Ruthie's papa because he is very sick. What came next has to be the sweetest pray I have ever heard.

Haven started praying and this is her prayer, it was so sweet that I wrote it down word for word so I wouldn't forget it. "God will you be the doctor to make Lucas and Bailey, Micah and Ruthie's papa feel better."

It brought tears to my eyes, she spoke truth in her innocent, sweet prayer. Our God is the Great Physician and the Healer. Oh, I pray that she in her innocence continues to learn and believe and trust in the truths of our Holy God.

And God will answer her prayer, He will take care of their papa and he will heal him and that may mean his ultimate healing in heaven.

2 comments:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I had a few hours to blog hop tonight and enjoyed your blog....
Hope you will stop by and visit my new Christmas blog.
There is a great giveaway this week. http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com

Joy said...

That is so sweet!