Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Cousin and the Zoo

This weekend we had a wonderful visitor. It was my brother's little girl, who actually isn't so little anymore. We hadn't seen her in 4 years and we got to spend this entire last weekend with her. One of the first things we did was take her and Jadon, Haven and Jude to the zoo. This was K's first time at a zoo. She wasn't quite sure of going, she had pictures of the lions and other animals running around and she was concerned about the lions getting her.

Once we got there she looked at me with all seriousness and said, "Aunt Heather you will be patient with me and let me spend time looking at everything."

We did let her have all the time she wanted and it was so much fun. Here are some pictures of K's first trip to the zoo and my kids getting to spend time with their cousin for the first time.
Thanks to Nana for buying us all tickets to ride the train. Haven and K sat together, Nana and Jude sat together and Jadon and I sat together. Nana is so cool, she's in the picture with all the grand kids. After 3 tries I still wasn't quick enough to catch Jude actually looking through the hole.

1 comments:

belinda said...

What cute pictures. Looks like a fun day. I especially like the pic with the giraffe!