Thursday, October 7, 2010

So Proud

Last Friday was the first Tiger Pride Assembly of the year at Jadon's school. Parents are always invited and I had planned on going. I asked Jadon if it was okay for his mom to show up, he casually said sure.

Several days before I had received a letter from his teacher in an envelope, sealed envelope, that had written on the outside "do not let Jadon read." In the letter his teacher explained that at the Tiger Pride Assembly they were going to recognize the Student of the Month for each class. And for the month of September she had chosen Jadon for the honor.

I got a little choked up. I was so proud of him. What an honor to be named Student of the Month, as she explained she can only choose 9 out of her class of 16.

The reason for secrecy was she wanted it to be a surprise for Jadon. He would not know until his name was called by the Principal.

Awards were also given from the specials teachers (PE, Art, Music, Library, Computer) to the class in each grade that had shown good behavior for the month. Jadon's class swept all 5 awards. From the reactions in the room I don't think that usually happens. Way to go Mrs. D's class!


A Haven story before I close. Lately when we pray together at night before bed time we have been discussing prayer requests. I asked her the other night if she had any prayer requests and she said so seriously, "yes, I want to pray that I can become a Princess, get married and have a baby." She already has that desire to be a wife and mom. We spent some time praying and talking about allowing God to do all these things in his timing and prayed for the man God has picked out for her in the far future. 

Becoming a Princess, well she is already her Daddy's Princess.

0 comments: