Thursday, September 16, 2010

I Love Kindergarten

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. I have been excited about Jadon starting Kindergarten for some time now. I have thought about how I could volunteer at his school and go on field trips and be a room mom, all the fun stuff a mom gets to do when their kids start school.

I have joined the PTO and so far since the first day of school have been up there weekly doing something. I have helped work the Book Fair, which I made friends with other moms and the wonderful Librarian.

I worked school picture day. My job was to line the kids up for the photographer and check the kids over for messy faces and hair. It was so cute watching the Kindergarten classes and the cute little faces with big smiles. At the end of the morning I was blessed with the fact that my picture package for Jadon was free for volunteering. What a huge blessing that was. The week of pictures was not a great week for purchasing pictures. We went ahead and bought a package because I really wanted Jadon's Kindergarten picture and then to find out we got them free was a huge blessing. I called Todd when I found out and we had a little praise service.

On Tuesday I was able to go to the school and do copying and three hole punch papers for Mrs. Daugherty, Jadon's teacher. At the end of the day she asked if I would like to read the class a book. I loved it, Kindergartners are so fun to read too. Then they showed me a matching game they play on the smart board. I was also there when they called Jadon's name over the school's speaker system for winning a poster from the Book Fair. My heart was very proud watching him go out of class by himself, walk to the Library and pick out his poster, come back to the class and Mrs. Daugherty letting him tell his classmates about his poster. After he spoke his teacher had the whole class tell him "congratulations." I wondered at that moment, how did he get so big.

So, Jadon has loved his first month at school and I have loved my first month of being a school mom. I'm ready for more.

0 comments: